Content Marketing Manager
SeQuel Response is looking for a Content Marketing Manager. This full-time position will reside in our Eden Prairie, MN office.
The Content Marketing Manager is responsible for all marketing-related content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats. This role will develop agency content that drives brand awareness, engagement, sales, retention, and other positive customer behaviors. The Content Marketing Manager will also have a hand in defining, governing, and deploying SeQuel’s brand story.
- Develop and document the content marketing strategy. Define the audience personas and content mission, set clear marketing objectives for content, and understand how the organization’s content integrates with the rest of its business objectives.
- Outline a channel plan. Execute a plan for how the business will tell its story on each appropriate channel (digital, social, print, in-person). Craft various content types including eBooks, white papers, client case studies, blog articles, social posts, emails, digital ads, client presentations and proposals.
- Establish standards, systems, best practices, and workflow processes for managing the content marketing life cycle. Ensure all content is on-brand; is consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice; and is optimized for search and user experience across all appropriate channels.
- Collaborate with the company’s executive team to identify content needs and opportunities and ensure efficiency and consistency across channels, verticals, and functional departments.
- Manage and maintain all content inventories and matrices and drive the overall content calendar for the organization.
- Oversee ongoing measurement protocols to evaluate and optimize content effectiveness. This can include gathering data and handling analytics as well as making recommendations based on performance results.
- Compose print and digital marketing content for client campaigns as requested. Partner with the client services and brand strategy teams to understand our clients’ marketing needs. Work with our creative team to bring this messaging to life.
- Increase volume and quality of leads generated for the sales team
- Positive brand recognition and message consistency across chosen published channels
- Gains in defined customer engagement metrics (measured by users taking a desired action – conversions, subscriptions, purchases, etc.)
- Website and social media traffic growth
- Conversion metrics definition and growth
- Improvements in positive social media sentiment
- Positive customer feedback and survey data
- Increases in important search engine keyword rankings
- Reductions in the time it takes customers to move through the sales/buying cycle
- Creation of new up-sell and cross-sell opportunities through content analysis and application
Experience and education
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in multichannel content creation
- Understanding of content development specific to search engine optimization, email, and social media platforms; experience with Constant Contact preferred
- Strong analytical skills and capacity for creating, understanding, and communicating measurement strategies across multiple content initiatives
- Work with audience development and subscription strategies
- Thorough knowledge of core marketing principles, as well as brand, product, and service management functions
- Passion for serving as a customer advocate; intuitively understanding the audience’s needs, and deftly crafting messaging and other means of delivering value to them
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience with emphasis in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Advertising or the like
If interested, please email a professional CV or resume to Jacqueline Johnson-Leister, Director of Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter and copywriting samples are also encouraged and appreciated. Thank you!